My Trek 708-N1 On Top Of Tooth Of Time-Philmont 2009 “A week of camp life is worth six months of theoretical teaching in the meeting room.” Sir Robert Baden Powell

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Storm coming so I ride yet another day...

So today, I had planned to take a day off from riding and relax.  My intentions were to go to church, eat breakfast with my parents and family, take the kids to Testify, then come back and watch the Eagles/Packer game in my sweatpants.  It didn't work out that way.  I went to church by myself at 10, met the family for lunch and took the kids.  But apparently there is a really huge/horrible/terrible/no good/very bad storm on the way with feet of snow and bone chilling temps.  I never believe anything the weather guessers say but just in case, I decided to get a ride in.  Maybe the roads will be impassable the next 5 or 6 days (or maybe not).  If they are, I wont be riding.  Although if yesterday told me anything, it was that road bikes actually DO go in the snow.  Maybe not well but they go. So I bundled up since the high was 36, got out old trusty and spun around 23 miles.  It felt pretty good.  Not too cold and the wind was light.  Maybe I wont be posting about riding much over the next few days......or maybe I will.

Todays mileage- 23 miles
Total road miles 2011- 215 miles

No comments: