My Trek 708-N1 On Top Of Tooth Of Time-Philmont 2009 “A week of camp life is worth six months of theoretical teaching in the meeting room.” Sir Robert Baden Powell

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new Years Resolution-Ride and Blog about it



I really didn't do a good job last year with updating the blog. I guess I just got lazy. However, I was able to keep track of my cycling miles using a spreadsheet a friend of mine devised and sent me in late 2009. My total mileage for 2010 was 7,203. Thats purely road miles only. No running, mountain biking, hiking or walking. Thats about the most I have ridden since 2002 or 2003. One year in the early 2000's I did about 7,500 miles. I had a pretty good year on the bike with Mitchell, BSG and a 200 mile weekend during September with MS ride. I also did a few weekend trips on the backpack front and even ran a bit. I am planning on Mitchell again ( I know, I am stupid), BSG for sure and maybe a few other long rides. It kind of depends on work etc. SO, this year I am not only going to log my miles but I am going to bore anyone who spends time reading this blog by blogging about it every day. I will not go into great detail but I am going to at least get a mention in on what I do each day. So lets get started.

January 1, 2011 (Also known as 1/1/11 kind of creepy)- I rode 25 miles completely by myself. It has been really cold since about 2 weeks before Christmas. We had a snowfall last weekend (Christmas Day in fact) of 5 inches approx. I was able to get out Tuesday-Friday and decided that I wanted to start the year off on a ride. It was cool, cloudy and misty this morning. The temps were quite a bit warmer but with the mist it didn't seem like it. I rode the old bike so I didn't get my new one dirty. I spent about 2 hours Thursday night cleaning the new one and rel-lubing etc, so I didn't want to spend another 2 hours on New Years Day. So after the 25 miles I came home and sit on my rear end for 4 hours surfing the internet and reading. Wished I would have taken a nap. So day 1 is down. Lets see how long I can keep this up.

Total Mileage-25 miles.

No comments: