My Trek 708-N1 On Top Of Tooth Of Time-Philmont 2009 “A week of camp life is worth six months of theoretical teaching in the meeting room.” Sir Robert Baden Powell

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A 5 mile run....err "slide" in the snow

So the snow didnt go anywhere today.  It hovered around 32 all day with not even as much as a peak from Mr. Sun.  I tried to take another day off as I figure I need it, but my body said NO.  It wanted to get out and exercise.  So my brain (which always gives in) said "sure, why not"?  So I slipped on the entire ensemble of running paraphanelia including cap and gloves and headed out the door and up the hill.  I should have huessed immediately that this was not going to be easy as I slipped and almost fell 3 times just waling up my driveway.  Any of you that have been on my driveway know its not for the weak at heart.  But it should have been my signal to either go back in and rest or get on the trainer.  Either way, I didnt take the hint.  So I slid around for about 50 minutes almost falling numerous times. Probably did around 5 miles.  I figured I may end up being like one of those old folks who falls and breaks his hip and everybosy says "Bless his Heart, he shouldnt have been out there anyway".  The roads were looking better about 2 hours after I ran so tomorrow might be a day I can run without skating.  The question is will I ride the bike before Sunday???

Total Road Cycling Miles 2011-Holding at 215 Miles
Total Running Miles 2011- 10

No comments: