My Trek 708-N1 On Top Of Tooth Of Time-Philmont 2009 “A week of camp life is worth six months of theoretical teaching in the meeting room.” Sir Robert Baden Powell

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Where have I been?


Well thats a good question....  I have been here but not blogging.  I gave up on the blog per day thing.  It was just too dang hard to sit down and put something onto words that anyone would really are to read on a daily basis.  I didnt even read them so I guess no one else would either.  Since February I have been riding pretty consistently although I sold the Mount Mitchell ticket this year.  I tweaked my knee in early April and I just didnt have the time to train with travel and Eagle Scout stuff going on.  I still plan on doing Blood, Sweat and Gears in June but not much else on the ride planning schedule.  I did a backpack trip this past weekend to Panthertown up in Western NC.  First warm trip of the year for me.  We spent a night on the trail down near the junction and Saturday night in a campsite on the north side.  The weather nerds were calling for a 70% chance of showers and thunder all weekend but we got by with only a small sprinkle.  I did fall down a waterfall which could have been really bad.  Luckily I only got some bad rock rash on both knees and a shin.  Other than that it was a pretty good weekend.  The 2 pictures above are from the weekend.  The one with me partially hidden is minutes after the fall.  Note the blood all over the knees and shin.  Nice!!

No comments: