My Trek 708-N1 On Top Of Tooth Of Time-Philmont 2009 “A week of camp life is worth six months of theoretical teaching in the meeting room.” Sir Robert Baden Powell

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Review of Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX Trail-Running Shoes - Men's

Originally submitted at REI

Fast-paced adventure racers and demanding trail runners will appreciate the solid support of Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX waterproof shoes.


Great Shoes-Even for backpacking

By Trail_Hound from North Carolina on 5/9/2010

 

4out of 5

Gift: No

Sizing: Feels true to size

Width: Feels true to width

Arch Type: Average Arch

Pros: Comfortable, Durable, Lightweight, Rugged, Good Traction

Cons: Poor Cushioning

Best Uses: Trail Running

Describe Yourself: Avid Athlete

I just got back from my first real test of these shoes for backpacking. For light (less than 30 lb. loads), I would highly suggest these. I used them on arguably the roughest trails in NC. Linville Gorge trails are rocky, steep and lots of climbs/descents. These shoes worked great. I did pull out the insoles and replaced with Superfeet blue. The insoles do not have much arch support or cushion but the inserts helped. Watch the lacing as it does not give and if you pull too tightly it can rub the top of your feet slightly. Other than that.....NO COMPLAINTS. I have the 2009 Gore-Tex model but these are pretty much the same except for a color modification.

(legalese)

No comments: