My Trek 708-N1 On Top Of Tooth Of Time-Philmont 2009 “A week of camp life is worth six months of theoretical teaching in the meeting room.” Sir Robert Baden Powell

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mount Mitchell Update

Well, its only 40 hours until the start of MM. Today was supposed to be a short easy ride with just some slow miles to ease the legs. I joined my group at 8:30 to get the ride in. About 15 miles in, it started to sprinkle. I know I should have taken the old bike to make sure I had a nice clean bike to ride on Monday morning. But I didn't think so I ended up sprinting back home to get out of the deluge. After spending an hour drying, wiping and re-lubing, I finally got it all done. So now its all in the bank as they say. Monday will be an EPIC day no matter what happens. Hope to get a post back on here Monday night or Tuesday that has a positive twist to it. This week has been nerve racking. I tried to taper my training which always makes me edgy. I spent the first part of the week in a sales meeting which also makes me edgy. Now I just want to ride the ride and let the Cycling Gods handle the outcome. Wish me luck......

No comments: