My Trek 708-N1 On Top Of Tooth Of Time-Philmont 2009 “A week of camp life is worth six months of theoretical teaching in the meeting room.” Sir Robert Baden Powell

Sunday, October 4, 2009

MS 150 (Actually 170) Ride


October 3,4 2009 was my annual MS Ride. This was the first year I went to Greenville although MS switched it there last year from Myrtle Beach. In past years, going to MB was a real blast because it was fairly flat from Charlotte to MB. A few small hills on Saturday but pancake flat and smooth from Florence in. NOT GREENVILLE!!! We dropped 3 cars in Greenville Friday Oct.2 so we would have rides back and not have to depend on a bus. We met for dinner at Hickory Tavern on Friday night at 8 and I came back early so I could get a good nights rest. I didnt feel too well Friday night (something I ate) so I didnt really get much rest. Saturday morning I wasnt feeling much better but drank a Coke and ate some bland breakfast which helped. We got to the starting line and pulled off at 7:45 AM. The first 30 miles was really fast and I hung up with the group. I felt like I could have hung in there all day but decided to head wait on the rest of the team as I wanted to ride a little easier and enjoy the company. We rode in to Greenville (102) miles about 2:30 PM. The MS people do a pretty good job with party after the ride so we all had a few beers and hung out to hear the band. Then off to The Hampton for a shower and dinner at a steak House. I fell asleep sometime around 10 PM. Up again at 6AM for another 70 miles around Greenville. Lots of climbing and hills. Both down and up. We finished around 1:30 so another long day in the saddle. Overall I was pretty pleased with how I rode the bike. We all had a great time and it was good to get Roadkill back together. Cant wait until next year!!.\

No comments: