My Trek 708-N1 On Top Of Tooth Of Time-Philmont 2009 “A week of camp life is worth six months of theoretical teaching in the meeting room.” Sir Robert Baden Powell

Monday, July 6, 2009

On my way to Philmont tomorrow

Well: Tomorrow is the big day. My contingent leaves for Philmont at 4:30 tomorrow morning. We will head to Colorado Springs for a trip up to Pikes Peak. Then we head out on a bus Wednesday morning to Philmont for 12 days of backpacking and fun in the Mountains. Its been a dream that we have all been waiting for since last July. I have been planning this since 2006 when I first started thinking about Scoutmaster. My son and I atre both really excited. Just finished doing an inventory of the pack. I am at 25 pounds without water. I could probably do less than that but I want a few things that add some weight just for the comfort. Hopefully in about 2 weeks I can post some sweet pictures of the group and some views. Wish me luck.......

No comments: