My Trek 708-N1 On Top Of Tooth Of Time-Philmont 2009 “A week of camp life is worth six months of theoretical teaching in the meeting room.” Sir Robert Baden Powell

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 is here....2008 wasn't that bad.


Well its officially 2009.  I certainly hope it is a better year than 2008 for everyone.  I guess from my standpoint I should consider myself lucky.  I have a job, my family is pretty healthy, I got to do a lot of outdoors stuff this year and will be doing even more in 2009 with my trip to Philmont in July.  But I know a lot of folks who have been affected by the economy.  My company has been too but when I was up in December, they said things were going to be OK.  Sure would like to see people start building more though.  Anyway, we hoped to do a day hike over the Christmas break but since my son is wrestling each day, its been really hard to get away.  WE planned to go tomorrow for a quick day hike but the weather geeks say we may get ice.  BUMMER!!  But if we get up in the morning and it looks OK we might try anyway.  I will be heading out on the 9th with 8 guys to Roan Mountain area.  Its a group from my church plus a few others mixed in. We try to do a trip about every 3-4 months.  I haven't been on as many as I like due to other obligations. I really hope I can get rid of this cold that's been hanging around.  I feel pretty good but am still coughing up stuff each day.  Hasn't been pleasant the last 3 weeks.  So here's to 2009........

1 comment:

MooseKnuckle Lanyards said...

Sounds like your in for a very nice 2009! Enjoy Roan Mountain, have never been but I have heard great things about the place.